Monday, December 5, 2011

The Trevor Wedding


Looking back at some previous posts, I realized I never got around to sharing Lizzy's wedding with you, and I apologize greatly because it was a beautiful occasion. I was so honored to be a part of this lovely couple's special day.


I went up to St. Louis about once a month helping Lizzy with wedding details, so even though I did not spend a whole week with her, I was there a lot. Lizzy's friends became my friends. I realized how incredible weddings are because they bring so many different people together who all love the same couple.



Lizzy's wedding was vintage inspired. If anyone knows Lizzy, you know that she was born in the wrong time period. She does not have Facebook, she just broke down to get a cell phone, she does not have a TV, etc. 

She looked like an old photograph coming to life.
Gorgeous. Glamorous. Poised.



All of the bridesmaids wore navy dresses they picked out themselves with Lizzy's approval. She wanted them all to have a vintage, unique feel. I bought my simple, lace-backed dress in mall in Quito, and some amazing, vintage-laced heels in a local shop in St. Louis. My pearl cluster necklace was my bridesmaid's gift from Lizzy, which perfectly matched my pearl earrings from a tiny coastal shop in Puerto Lopez. I bought my gorgeous vintage clutch (not pictured here) at Vintage Vice in Springfield. 


My beau was such a huge help, and I loved having him there. 

Right before the ceremony, it began to rain.  It was emotional and heart-breaking, but everyone came together in a beautiful way to save all the decorations with tarps. When the rain passed about 15 minutes later, we reset like it never happened, and the ceremony was perfect.


I loved the little boys carrying the "Here Comes the Bride" sign, such a precious idea!


It was great to be a part of the wedding party. I had never been in a wedding of such a close friend up close in the action. I bawled like a little baby and had goosebumps all over because there was something about that moment that was

magical.


I wish them best the best! And I will treasure these memories forever.

-Beth

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment